Training and CPD
Why Professional Training?
To work with sexuality, I believe it is essential to have undergone professional training.
Many people are operating without recognised, ethical, reflective training and offering sessions after a weekend workshop or a weeklong retreat.
I am committed to ongoing professional development and choose to work with those who I respect, have been recommended and meet my educational and experiential needs.
I am yet to find any training that fully meets all my needs. There are specific course, workshops and training I will not undertake due to ethical differences, others I try as there is an element of something I want to try.
Professional training to date
- Certified Sexological Bodyworker – Katie Sarra, Kian de la Cour, Joseph Kramer, Ellen Head and Betty Martin.
- Like A Pro – Betty Martin
- Urban Tantra Professional Training – Barbara Carrellas
Ongoing Professional Training
Foundation Certificate in Gender, Sexuality & Relationship Diversity Therapy – Pink Therapy – July 2019 to July 2020
Continual professional development
Kink on Pink series – a series of webinars for therapists
- When A Client Makes A Disclosure About Kink
- Authority Transfer / Power Exchange Relationships
- Socially Distant Intimacy
- Understanding Adult Baby And Diaper Lovers
- When The Kinks Won’t Sync Working With Mismatched Desires In Kink Relationships
- Current And Emerging Sexual Practices In Kink With Gay And Bisexual Men
- Digisexuality! Kink, Fetish, Or Something More?
- Not In Front Of The Clients – Living And Working Within Our Communities