Professional Mentoring & Support
Practitioner Mentoring and Support
I offer support and mentoring for practitioners within the wellness and sexuality communities.
Whether you are new to this type of work, established, or wanting to expand or diversify your offering, I can provide professional support and mentoring.
I believe in collaboration. I don’t buy into the mindset that we need to be ultra-competitive or that there isn’t enough work to go around.
Some people need short term, time specific support. Others want ongoing regular action and results driven accountability.
Why I can help you
The reason I can help you, is because I have experience from a variety of perspectives:
- 2 decades working in the corporate sector – as a project manager, implementation consultant, process designer and mentor
- Setting up a limited company 5 years ago – operating as freelance change and strategy consultant
- Using the funds from the freelance consulting to retrain as a certified sexuality professional
- Creating a private practice – The Feel Institute
- Developing my website, writing content, learning WordPress and SEO
- Implementing processes and documentation to support enquiries and taking on new clients
- Gaining client feedback, reviewing experiences and evolving the offering
- Building a team of trusted, ethical practitioners and experts to support me professionally and personally
- Creating, advertising and delivering public workshops
- Training and continued professional development in Sexological Bodywork, Urban Tantra, Like a Pro and Non-Violent Communication
- Ongoing study of Gender, Sexuality and Relationship Diversity with Pink Therapy
- Lived experience of kink, BDSM, non-monogamy, relationship anarchy, Shadow Work, Clean Talk, Wheel of Consent and Women in Power
What I can support and mentor on
- Anything that jumps out or resonates in my experience listed above
- Developing your professional offering
- Honing your skills and maintaining ongoing professional development
- Knowing when to turn away potential clients and refer existing clients
- Creating a Professional Boundary Statement, Intake Form or other documentation
- Maintaining a healthy, ethical, supportive practice
- Structuring your day, week, month or year so you avoid burnout and overwhelm
- Witnessing and celebrating learning and achievements
- Having a neutral, confidential space to talk through:
- crossing of ethical boundaries
- power dynamics
- shadow behaviour
- Developing workshops and programmes
- And so much more
Why I have professional support
- Working in private practice can be lonely
- Someone to talk and share with helps me keep perspective and feel seen
- Experienced people as a sounding board for ideas as well as dilemmas
- I get better insight into what I am doing and why
- This is delicate and important work and I take the responsibility seriously
- Maintaining awareness of power dynamics, ethics and consent is an ongoing and ever evolving practice
- I can’t do everything
- There are people better equipped to see and do what I cannot or don’t want to
- Other people provide valuable insight, experiences and alternatives
- I need time to rest and have personal time to really show up and be resourced for clients
- I want to recognise and have a support for when I get triggered to avoid my trauma being acted out on those around me
- Learning and growing in a healthy way is important and nourishing for me.
Interested in working with me?
I offer a free 15 minute call to anyone who is interested in working together. It gives us the chance to get to know each other, ask questions and get a sense of what is possible. You are welcome to complete this form or email me on email@example.com if you would like to arrange that first call.
You are also welcome to read my Professional Boundaries Statement if you would like to get a sense of who I am and how I operate.